What is Primal Aliveness?
One of our 3 core Amba Method practices, Primal Aliveness awakens our vital life force, connects us to our animal nature in a way that restores the dignity of our wildness to our body and being. This practice includes movement, sounding, shaking, free dancing, body drumming and various other methods of circulating life force energy through the body.
How does it work?
Modern life has shut down our connection to the primal and playful aspect of living in a human body. When we sit all day at a desk, in the car, or at our computer, our bodies can feel stagnant and shut down. Primal Aliveness wakes our bodies up and restores our circulation of life force, so that we feel present, clear-headed, and full of life. A practice as simple as shaking and sounding for 5 minutes has the power to light us back up and put some pep back in our step.
What are the benefits of Primal Aliveness?
- Feel radiantly alive and vital
- Restore the animal-like wonder and playfulness you felt as a child
- Metabolizing and transmuting emotions such as anxiety, anger, and grief
- Find the sweet spot in challenging physical activity
- Feel more connected to the earth and Nature, through your movement
- Move with more freedom in your body
- Loosen up tightness
- Clear energetic blocks and stagnation
- Get out of patterns of mind looping and releasing anxious thoughts
How can I try it?
We weave the Primal Aliveness practice into our weekly Embodiment Circles within the Amba Community. Occasionally we go deeper into the Primal Aliveness practice in our monthly Amba Salons, which are free for Amba Community Members and their guests.